05 July, 2008

I have an obsession with the 5th of May. I haven’t got the faintest idea why, I just do. I can’t even remember when it all started. Nothing extraordinary has ever happened on this day, nobody was born and nobody died. I didn’t get my first kiss then and hopefully I won’t get my last in the years to come on this day. It’s simply a day marked in my calendar to celebrate it the best I can, for no specific reason.
May is the fifth month of the year and the third month of spring. The trees aren’t bare, because it isn’t too cold outside for the leaves to grow, the grass is not burned by the scorching sun, because it is not summer yet and the landscape is not overwhelmed with an infusion of yellow and red and orange, because autumn is still so far away. When you look outside your window, you can see the perfect scenery: nature is alive, noisy and fun, filled with the most beautiful green, it’s fresh and raindrops are shining from the grass blades like small diamonds in the gentle sun. The birds are back, they’re colorful and animated. They’re chirping all day, from dawn to dusk, flying in all directions, making you dizzy just watching them. The bees are buzzing from flower to flower. The air is filled with the sweetest smells, a mixture of lime-trees and tulips, of poppies and other wild flowers.
So how can you not feel alive on a day like this? When everything around you is full of energy and color? How can you not smile when the tree in front of your window is in bloom again? When the view from your balcony is improving, there are no neighbors with long ugly faces, just trees and flowers, as far as the eye can see.

[photo: www.cssaddict.com/downloads/desktop-calendar-for-may-08/]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

old obsessions, huh?;))
dar imi place, e ceva mai optimist tonul:P

Anonymous said...

"Softly we tremble tonight,
Picture perfect fading smiles are all that's left in sight,
I said I'd never leave you'll never change
I'm not satisfied with where I'm at in life.

Am I supposed to be happy?
With all I ever wanted, it comes with a price."
("Cat and Mouse" - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus)

D.C. said...

ai mai multe obsesii ... crede-ma :D

tynad33a said...

my first boyfriend is born o 5th may :)) ... a while ago i had this obsesion too=)) ... i'm obsessed by CATS :X:X:X!